Langsung ke konten utama

Kind Of Expression

Asking & Giving Opinion

A. Asking for Opinion
Formal :
·         Have you got any comments on …..
·         Do you have any idea?
·         Do you have any opinion on ……
·         Would you give me your opinion on……….?
·         What is your reaction to ….
·         What is your opinion about……….?
·         What are you feeling about………….?
·         What are your views on……….?
·         Please give me your frank opinion?
Informal
·         What do you think of…….?
·          What do you think about………?
·          What is your opinion?
·         Why do they behave like that?
·         Do you think it’s going?
·         How do you like?
·         How was the trip?
·         How do you think of Rina’s idea ?

B. Giving Opinion
Informal
·           I think I like it.
·           I don’t think I care for it.
·           I think it’s good/nice/terrific……..
·           I think that awful/not nice/terrible…………
·           I don’t think much of it.
·           I think that……..
·           In my opinion, I would rather……….
·           In my case …..
·           What I’m more concerned with ….
·           What I have in my mind is………
·           From my point of view ….

Dialog Examples:

Dialog 1
Mr. Zoe  :  What do you think of my new house?
Shane     :  It is beautiful. I think. Oh you have many novels in your new house.
Mr. Zoe  :  Yeah, some. I like Andrea Hirata’s novels.
Shane     :  How do you feel about Andrea Hirata’s novels ?
Mr. Zoe  :  I feel they are great novels.
Shane     :  Yes, you are right. I think it is going to rain.
Mr. Zoe  : I don’t think so. Look outside at the sky! It’s so clear. No clouds there.
Shane     : But I watched the weather forecast yesterday. It said that today is going
to rain. OK Mr. Zoe see you.



Asking for, Giving and Refusing Things
The expressions of Asking for,Giving and Refusing Things*
Asking for Things
Giving Things
Refusing Things
1.Could you get me ( a cup of coffe)?
2.May I try it on?
3.May I have one?
4.It is OK if I have a bite?
5.Can I have a bite
1.Certainly
2.Yes, it is . Please
3.Please, Serve yourself
4.Definitely !
5.Sure, Please wait a second
1.Thank you for your offer, but i don’t want to
2.No, thanks
3.No need to bother, thanks

Examples of the dialogue:

1. A : Can I borrow your pen, please?
    B : Sure, here you are.
    A : Thank you very much.
2. X : May I borrow bag , please?
    Y : Sorry, I’m using it right now.
    X : It’s okay
3. A : Can you help me carry these books?
    B : Certainly.
    A : Thanks a lot.
4. X : Can you turn on the lamp, please?
    Y : All right, sir.
    X : Thanks
5. A : May I use your text book, please?
    B : Of course, here it is.
    A : Thank you.



Asking And Giving Something

1. To ask for things, we can use the following sentences:
- Can I…., please?
- May I…., please?
- Can you…., please?
2. To give the things, we can use the following sentences:
- Here you are.
- Here it is.
- Okay
- Sure.
- Certainly
- Of Course.
- I would be glad/happy to ........
3. To refuse to give the things, we can use the following sentences:
- I’m sorry. I’m using it.
- Not now. I’m using it. Sorry.
- Not now. I’m using them. Sorry
- Sorry, I’m using it right now.
- Sorry, I’m using them right now.
4. To show our gratitude, we can use the following sentences:
- Thanks.
- Thanks a lot
- Thank you
- Thank you very much
5. To answer the gratitude expression, we can use the following sentences:
- You're welcome
- It's OK
- My pleasure
- No problem
- Don't mention it

Examples of the dialogue:

1. A : Can I borrow your pen, please?
    B : Sure, here you are.
    A : Thank you very much.

2. X : May I borrow bag , please?
    Y : Sorry, I’m using it right now.
    X : It’s okay

3. A : Can you help me carry these books?
    B : Certainly.
    A : Thanks a lot.

4. X : Can you turn on the lamp, please?
    Y : All right, sir.
    X : Thanks

5. A : May I use your text book, please?
    B : Of course, here it is.
    A : Thank you.

Note:
1. Can I have ……, please?
    Ex: Can I have a board marker, please?
    (artinya : benda yang diminta tidak dikembalikan)
2. Can you lend me your pencil, please?
Borrow: meminjam (Can I borrow……, please?)
    Lend : meminjamkan (Can you lend me ……., please?)


Expressions for admitting and denying fact
Practice the following dialog with your partner!
Two friends are at National Park.
Luna : Look at the Tiger! That’s big one and wild animal, right?
Maya : Oh yeah, it is dangerous animal.
Luna : Tiger is also called big cat.
Maya : How can be?
Luna : It looks like a cat with big size but a cat isn’t dangerous animal.
Maya : Are you sure? A cat also has sharp nails like Tiger, it must be dangerous one! I don’t like cat!
Luna : Not at all! I’ll show you my cat. It’s so cute.
They go to Luna’s house. Luna asks Maya to touch her cat.
Luna : C’mon…touch the fur. It isn’t dangerous, it will not beat you!
Maya : Okay, I’ll try it…Aww! It beats my hand! You said that your cat will not beat me.
Luna : Ups! I didn’t say that.
Maya : You’ve said that. Your cut hurts me.
Luna : Yes, it does. I lied to you.
I’m sorry, dear. I admit now.
My cat doesn’t like stranger. It will beat anyone that is near it.

Study the admitting/denying expressions below!
Admitting Fact
Denying Fact
I admit it
Yes, I did
Alright, it’s true
I didn’t say that!
Swear! I am not lying!
It isn’t dangerous animal!




Expression of Agreement and Disagreement

A.    AGREEMENT (kesetujuan)
·         I agree (saya setuju)
·         I am with you (saya sependapat dengan anda)
·         I think so (saya kira begitu)
·         It certainly is (saya kira juga)
·         That is what I was thinking (itulah yang saya pikirkan/pkirannya saya juga begitu)
·         I am of the same opinion (pendapat saya sama)

B.    DISAGREEMENT (ketidak setujuan)
·         I disagree (saya tidak setuju)
·         I am not with you (saya tidak sependapat)
·         I can agree with (saya tidak dapat menyetujui pendapat anda)
·         I can’t be along with you (saya tidak sepaham)
·         I wouldn’t say that (saya tidak bias mengatakan begitu)
·         I don’t think so (saya kira bukan begitu)

C.    UNGKAPAN LAIN UNTUK DISAGREEMENT:
Disamping ungkapan-ungkapan diatas, dapat juga seperti:
·         I don’t entirely agree with …….
·         I see what you mean, but ……
·         I agree, but ……
·         Yes, but on the other hand ……
·         Yes, but don’t you think …..


Yoga : So, class. Now we are going to deliberate our concern about where we are going to head for our class vacation. So, who comes up with the idea first?

Habibi : I will vote for Anyer Beach. Anyer Beach is one of the nearest beaches we can visit.

Yoga : So, class. Is there anyone who disagrees with Anyer Beach?

Jenny : Um, I am not sure about that. Last vacation our class had gone to Anyer Beach. I think we should see other options.

Habibi : Oh yeah! You’re right, I forgot about that.

Jefri : Well, I’m suggesting Kebun Raya Bogor

Kania : I agree with you, Jefri. I have never been there myself.

Geri : Me too, I am with you, Kania. Seeing great trees and plants must be exciting. Kebun Raya Bogor is like a great jungle in the middle of town.

Sarah : I’m sorry guys. I think I will disagree with that. It’s rainy season now. And as you know, Kebun Raya Bogor is located in Bogor which is the city of rain. And seeing the intensity of rainfall throughout Indonesia lately, I think we might not be able to explore the whole Kebun Raya Bogor due to the rain.

Tio : I think what Sarah said is right. Kebun Raya Bogor is not the best place to visit during this heavy rainy season

Yoga : Well, are there any other options?

Fauzi : How about Bali?

Habibi : No way! I don’t have enough money to go to Bali

Sarah : Habibi is right, Fauzi. It’s really costly to pick Bali as an option.

Yoga : Okay, class. To save the time, now let’s just write your idea into a piece of paper and we will deliberate in the next occasion. Thank you.



EXPRESSION OF CONGRATULATION and COMPLIMENT

·     
CONGRATULATION
Congratulation is an expression that we use to give the congratulation utterance when he or she succeeds in doing something.

Congratulating
Responding
o   I’d be the first to congratulate you on...
o   I’d like to congratulate you on …
o   Please accept my warmest congratulations.
o   May I congratulate you on …
o   I must congratulate you.
o   It was great to hear about …
o   Congratulations.
o   Congratulations on …
o   Well done
o   Nice done, congratulations!
o   Good.
o   Fantastic!
o    It’s very good of you to say so.
o    How nice of you to say so.
o    Thank you very much for saying so.
o    I’m glad you think so.
o    Oh, it’s nothing special actually.
o    Oh, I have a lot to learn yet.
o    Thank you.
o    Oh, not really.
o    Oh, nothing to it, actually.
o    Oh, thanks.

Example of dialog congratulating :
Danu : Rizal, how is your library so far?
Rizal : It’s great! Many people come to my library.
Danu : congratulations! Your library is the  most popular   one now.
Rizal : Thank you, Danu.

 

COMPLIMENT
Compliment is an expression that we show or say to express or give praise. Some people use compliments to “butter up” somebody or to flatter in order to increase good will, for example:
   Ø  on his/her general appearance.
   Ø  if you notice something new about the person’s appearance.
   Ø  when you visit someone’s house for the first time.
   Ø  when other people do their best.

Complimenting someone
Responding
o   I would like compliment you on …
o   I think your ……. is very nice.
o   I just love your …...
o   The …… is very delicious.
o   I really like your …….
o   You look fabulous!
o   Fantastic!/Marvelous!
o   That’s nice.
o   That’s not bad.
o   Perfect!
o   Pretty good.
o   Thank you. It’s nice of you to say so.
o   Thank you but really isn’t anything special.
o   Thank you. Yours is even nicer.
o   I’m glad you like it.
o   Thank you.
o   Thank you so much.
o   Yeah, thanks.


Example of dialog complimenting :
Sarah     : Jasmine, This is dress for you. I made it   by  myself .
Jasmine  : That’s a beautiful dress! You are really a talented tailor.
Sarah     : I’m glad you like it.




Accepting and Refusing Invitations

1. Accepting Invitations
Sample phrases (from formal to informal)
- Thanks for your invitation. I'd be delighted to.
- Thank you. I'd love to.
- Yes, thanks. That would be great/wonderful.
- Sounds great/like fun.
- OK/All right.

2. Refusing Invitations
Sample phrases (from formal to informal)
- I'm awfully/terribly sorry. I have other plans for that night.
- I'd really like to, but I have an appointment that day.
- Thanks for asking, but I'm afraid I'm busy.
- I can't. I've got a lot of work to do.
- Sorry. I'm already tied up.

3. Hesitating
Sample phrases (from formal to informal)
- Thank you, but I'll have to check my calendar. Do you mind if I tell you on Monday?
- I'm not sure what my plans are. Could I get back to you tomorrow?
- I might be busy. I'll let you know later.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

MENGATASI "Kontrol disembunyikan. Tekan untuk menampilkannya" di GOOGLE DOKUMEN

Oke pada kesempatan kali ini saya akan berbagi pengalaman tentang mengatasi masalah tersebut. Langkah-langkahnya sebagai berikut : - Pertama tekan tombol "F11" pada keyboard - Kedua tekan tombol "ESC" pada keyboard - Ketiga untuk keluar full screen mode tekan tombol "F11" pada keyboard Semoga berhasil dan terima kasih sudah berkunjung

contoh Karya Tulis Ilmiah "BAHAYA NARKOBA BAGI REMAJA"

BAB I PENDAHULUAN A.     Latar Belakang Masalah Narkoba (Narkotika dan Obat-obatan yang mengandung zat adiktif/berbahaya dan terlarang) belakangan ini amat populer di kalangan remaja dan generasi muda bangsa Indonesia, sebab penyalahgunaan narkoba  ini telah merebak ke semua lingkungan, bukan hanya di kalangan anak-anak nakal dan preman tetapi telah memasuki lingkungan kampus dan lingkungan terhormat lainnya. Narkoba saat ini banyak kita jumpai di kalangan remaja dan generasi muda dalam bentuk kapsul, tablet dan  tepung seperti ekstasy, pil koplo dan shabu-shabu, bahkan dalam bentuk yang amat sederhana seperti daun ganja yang dijual dalam amplop-amplop. Saat ini para orang tua, mulai dari ulama, guru/dosen, pejabat, penegak hukum dan bahkan semua kalangan telah  resah terhadap narkoba ini, sebab  generasi muda masa depan bangsa  telah banyak terlibat di dalamnya. Akibat leluasannya penjualan narkoba  ini, secara umum mengakibatkan timbulnya gangguan mental organik dan per

RAGAM GERAK TARI TURONGGO YAKSO (Kesenian Trenggalek)

Kareografi Tari turonggo yakso bersifat bebas, gerakan tarinya bersifat dinamis dan energik, mengikuti iringan gamelan yang mengiringinya. Gerakan tari turonggo yakso berpusat pada gerakan kaki, gerakan tubuh dan gerakan tangan.  Gerak-gerak tersebut antara lain sembahan, liyepan, teposan, pethukan. lejitan, bapangan, oyogan, kacolan kasatrian,untu walang, kiprah sampur congklangan dan mincek-mincek.Secara keseluruhan Tari Turonggo Yakso ini menggunakan gending seperti yang digunakan pada salah satu kesenian khas Trenggalek yaitu Tiban. Dan para penari tersebut menari dengan urut-urutan gerak antara lain :                                                                  Sembahan,  para penari menuju arena berputar membentuk lingkaran lalu membentuk baris berbanjar kemudian posisi jengkeng (jongkok kaki kiri menyentuh tanah, tangan kanan ditekuk di depan dada), posisi kepala menunduk lalu ngugel memutar memberi salam hormat sambil memegang cambuk/pecut, lalu berdiri melangkah m